Mississauga provides quality of life to its residents with job opportunities, entertainments and leisure. It also has some of the best parks and trails. Here are my top 5 neighbourhoods in Mississauga:
PORT CREDITPort Credit is easily identified with its iconic lighthouse. It located in the south-central part of the city, around the mouth of the Credit River on the shores of Lake Ontario. Port Credit offers beautiful waterfront and also a number of small shops and restaurants along Lakeshore Road.
Port credit has breathtaking views while you are enjoying food at one of the excellent restaurants nearby such as the famous Breakwater Restaurant, The Port House and many other.
J.C Saddington Park has scenic lake views, large picnic areas and multi-use paths. Another park is St. Lawrence Park; a small green space with a paved walking path, benches and scenic gazebo.
Ridgetown is the largest freshwater marina in Canada and it is one of the tourist spots in Port Credit. The name is taken from the grounded 1905 freighter which you will encounter when you arrive in Port Credit.
Did you know that this marina is very popular and is better known in boating circles than Toronto?
The all-day Lakeshore GO line services Port Credit Station.
MEADOWVALEIt is situated in the northwestern part of the city. This large suburban district is one of the most family-friendly neighbourhoods in Mississauga because of its safety.
Here are some of the important facts:Lake Aquitaine Park is one of the attractive spots in the community. It’s an active recreational area.
- Meadowvale Conservation Area is popular for families to enjoy nature at its best.
- Meadowvale Town Centre is a shopping centre with wide-ranging stores, casual dining, a gym and other services. Famous restaurants here are Pho Mi 289, Wok This Way and Shoeless Joe’s Sports Grill.
- This community has an easy access to Highway 401 and 407.
CITY CENTRE or Square OneDowntown Mississauga is the city’s major transportation, business and shopping centre. Here are some facilities that are available in the city centre:
- Everything that you need is just around the corner and that includes a library, YMCA, City Hall, Living Arts Centre shopping and dining.
- Bus terminal with MiWay and GO stations are right beside Square One mall.
- The popular Square One shopping mall will make your shopping extra enjoyable because it has everything you need from a wide-ranging brand name stores such as H&M, Uniqlo, Michael Kors and Apple to popular restaurants like Scaddabush which serves fresh pastas, Richtree Natural Market Restaurant that provides different cuisines that you will love. Just outside Square One are Cineplex and Playdium that offer outstanding entertainment.
- Kariya Park is a unique Japanese-themed park.
- Sheridan College has a campus right in the heart of City Centre.
MINEOLAMineola is located just north of Port Credit. This community is one of the richest areas in the city. It isa home to multi-million dollar houses. Large properties are available for buyers who are looking for luxurious homes:
- This place is very close to QEW and a few minutes from City Centre.
- Mineola offers parks like Lyndwood Park and Spruce Park.
- It has a great balance between serenity, glamour and safety, that is why even if houses are quite expensive here, it is worth it.
EAST CREDITThis neighbourhood is located in central Mississauga just to the north of highway 403. East Credit is one of the city’s younger neighbourhoods. However, there are some interesting things to do here:
- Heartland Shopping Centre is one of the largest shopping malls in GTA. It has premium restaurants such as Tandoori Flame which a famous Indian restaurant, Pho Mi 99 Vietnamese Restaurant and Copper Branch which offers vegan food. Heartland has popular stores such as Banana Republic, Calvin Klein, Guess, H&M and Best buy. It also has game store Warhammer that sells board games and miniatures for painting.
- Culham Trail is one of the main spots in the area. It features trails along the Credit River that is for all beginners and skilled ones.
- Braeben Golf course is also popular in this community which offers much fun to those who love to play golf or outdoor activities. It was once a garbage dump which has transformed into a beautiful golf course.
- East Credit has very easy access to Hwy 401, 403 and Mississauga’s major routes.
Call me at 647-834-9928 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.